Last Updated: 1 June, 2020
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THE EVENT.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR THE EVENT.
The event (“Event”) that Sonatype, Inc. (“Sonatype”) provides to you is subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms”). By registering for, attending or otherwise participating in this Event, you accept and agree to these Terms and acknowledge that these Terms are enforceable like any written negotiated agreement executed between you and Sonatype.
1. The Event. You may only register for and attend the Event in accordance with these Terms. In order to participate in the Event, all required registration information must be received by Sonatype by the applicable deadline(s) published on the Event registration Web page. Event registration is subject to availability and may close earlier than the posted deadline, as determined in Sonatype’s sole discretion. Sonatype may also change the Event program (including the location, the date, the content, the schedule, the speakers and any workshops) at any time at Sonatype’s sole discretion. Sonatype may deny, limit, or cancel your registration for the Event at any time. Sonatype is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such change to the Event program or any cancellation or limitation on your registration.
2. Attendance at the Event. Unless the Event’s registration webpage specifies otherwise or Sonatype expressly grants you permission in writing, you must be at least 21 years of age on the first day of the Event to participate. You shall at all times comply with any rules, policies and procedures of the Event (including, if applicable those of the venue), and all reasonable instructions of Sonatype representatives and, if applicable, the venue staff at the Event. Sonatype does not tolerate disruptive or disrespectful behavior, messages, images, or interactions by any Event participant, in any form, during any aspect of the Event. Sonatype reserves the right in its absolute discretion to deny access to, exclude or remove from the Event any individual in Sonatype’s sole discretion without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to Sonatype. In order to avoid disruption to presenters and other audience members, latecomers to any part of the Event may not be admitted.
3. Registration. The registration to the Event is personal. You hereby represent that the details you provided are true and accurate, and that you will notify Sonatype by email email@example.com in case of a change. In addition, you hereby consent to receive notifications to the contact details provided by you from Sonatype or on Sonatype’s behalf in connection with your participation in the Event.
4. Cancellation. If you must cancel your registration, please notify us via email at the earliest time possible to firstname.lastname@example.org .
6. Exclusion of Warranties. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT AND ALL SERVICES, INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT ARE PROVIDED BY SONATYPE AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE PARTNERS “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, AND SONATYPE AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE PARTNERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. Intellectual Property. Any documents, presentations, graphics, designs, or any other materials provided by Sonatype or its partners (in writing, electronically or orally) remain the intellectual property of Sonatype or its partners, as applicable, and unless otherwise specified in writing, are solely for personal, non-commercial use only. Use of the intellectual property for any other purpose (including any form of copying, reproducing (in whole or in part) or distributing) is expressly prohibited. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks or other trade names (including the name of any third party entity which presents at, or is in anyway connected with, the Event) appearing at the Event, in any Event content and/or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event for any reason without the prior written permission of Sonatype. The recording, by any means, of any part of the Event by registrants, attendees, delegates and/or third parties is strictly prohibited
8. Recordings. By attending the Event, you consent to Sonatype (or its authorized representatives) making certain recordings of the Event in which your name, image, voice and/or likeness may appear; these recordings may be by any means including, without limitation, electronic recording, film, videotape, audio tape and photography (the “Recordings”). You grant to Sonatype and its authorized representatives the unrestricted, irrevocable and perpetual right and release to use your name, image, voice and/or likeness in connection with the exploitation of the Recordings for any purpose, in any and all media throughout the world, without compensation of any kind to you. You agree that Sonatype shall be the copyright owner of the Recordings. You understand that Sonatype is not obligated to use the Recordings. To the best of your knowledge, your acts and statements contained in the Recordings will not violate any right of any other person or company.
9. Code of Conduct. Sonatype seeks, at all times, to conduct its business in a lawful, ethical and professional manner, and expects the attendees of the Event to adhere to the same. Sonatype will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sonatype reserves the right to take any action which it deems appropriate against you if you do not comply with the foregoing, including prohibiting you from attending the Event. You agree to abide by and conduct yourself in accordance with this code of conduct. You will behave in a way as to create a safe and supportive environment for the Sonatype Event and all participants (including Sonatype employees, moderators, attendees, vendors, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers). You will not engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with the Event or other individuals’ attendance or participation in the Event. You will not engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory, or threatening speech or behavior. You will comply with all applicable laws. We encourage everyone to assist in creating a welcoming and safe environment. Please report any concerns, harassing behavior, suspicious, or disruptive activity to email@example.com.
10. Exhibitors; Speakers. Various third parties will also take part in the Event including sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, vendors and other participants. Sonatype does not assume any liability for the actions of such third parties, nor for any content of any giveaway provided by them. Each speaker is solely responsible for the content of their respective sessions. The opinions expressed by the speakers do not necessarily represent the views of Sonatype. If you are a speaker at the Event you (a) grant Sonatype an irrevocable, perpetual license to use, reproduce, publish, sell, distribute and/or prepare derivative works of your presentation (whether in print, electronic or audio format) and any other participation at the Event, (b) authorise Sonatype to use your name, biographical information, title and image regarding the promotion of the Event and/or the creation of materials in connection with the Event, and (c) represent that all the materials you provide do not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
11. Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the Event is voluntary, and you understand the nature of the Event and that admission to the venue and the Event is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that you solely assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Event and that neither the venue nor Sonatype will be held liable for any loss, cost, expense, injury or damage sustained at the venue and/or the Event. Neither the venue nor Sonatype has any responsibility for lost or stolen property.
12. Release of Claims. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you (for yourself, your heirs, dependents, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf or as a result of your death or injury) hereby release Sonatype and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event and/or the Recordings.
13. Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SONATYPE AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE PARTNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE, OR FOR ANY OTHER LOSS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR THAT RELATE TO THESE TERMS, ATTENDANCE AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT OR THE SERVICES, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT. THIS EXCLUSION APPLIES REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED AND EVEN IF THE PARTY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
14. Force Majeure. In the Event that Sonatype is prevented from carrying out its obligations as a result of any cause beyond its control, such as but not limited to an act of God, war, natural disaster, public health epidemic and/or pandemic, acts or threats of terrorism, civil disturbance, action by governmental entity, strikes, lock-outs, curtailments of transportation services or facilities, the failure of any third party to deliver goods or services for the Event, or any other situation that makes it impossible, illegal or commercially unfeasible for Sonatype to hold the Event, Sonatype reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the Event, and shall be relieved of its obligations and liabilities in connection therewith. Sonatype shall not be responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation or rescheduling.
15. Modifications to these Terms. Sonatype may modify these Terms at any time by posting a revised version on Sonatype’s website. The modified terms will become effective upon posting. By attending the Event after the effective date of any modifications to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the modified terms. It is your responsibility to check the Sonatype website regularly for modifications to these Terms. Sonatype last modified these Terms on the date listed at the beginning of these Terms. You hereby waive any applicable rights to require an original (non-electronic) signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, to the extent not prohibited under applicable law.
16. Waiver and Severability. No failure or delay by Sonatype in exercising any right under these Terms shall constitute a waiver of that right. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the provision shall be modified by the court and interpreted so as best to accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in effect.
17. Governing Law. The validity, construction and performance of these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard to any conflicts of laws or choice of law rules, and each Party agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State courts located in Howard County, Maryland and Federal courts located in the State of Maryland. The Parties expressly disclaim the applicability of, and waive any rights based upon, the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act or the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Each Party hereby waives any right to jury trial in connection with any action or litigation in any way arising out of or related to this Agreement.