With 5 times more installs than any other repository manager, Nexus is the industry standard for accelerating continuous software delivery and DevOps
Fulton, MD – February 26, 2015 – Sonatype, the Nexus company and a continuous delivery leader, today announced that its Nexus repository manager usage has doubled in the last 18 months (July 2013 to February 2015.) With five times more installs than any other repository manager, Nexus continues to be the industry standard for accelerating continuous software delivery and DevOps.
“Development Managers and Enterprise Architects are on a mission to knock down any remaining barriers to continuous delivery and the complexity of the software supply chain is a real issue,” said Wayne Jackson, CEO, Sonatype. “Nexus sits at the intersection of massive component usage requirements and the need to assure that high quality, frequent, and secure builds get to market. As a result, we’ve seen Nexus become a cornerstone of the continuous delivery tool chain.”
Sonatype credits Nexus’ continued growth to the business benefits it provides to development communities – namely:
- Reducing build and delivery cycle times by keeping everything required to create an application (binaries, build outputs, test scripts, VM images, delivery, etc.) and the environments in which they run in deterministic, stable locations.
- Improving build quality and reducing unplanned work by empowering development teams to select the best component parts for their applications -- based on real-time intelligence feeds of attributes including versions, age, popularity, license types, and known security vulnerabilities
- Standardizing on a common artifact repository to proxy and host binaries across multiple language and repository formats (e.g., Maven, npm, RubyGems, NuGet, YUM, OSGi, and P2) teams
For more information concerning Nexus, please see http://www.sonatype.com/nexus
- Join the conversations in our development community. Visit TheNexus athttp://www.sonatype.org/nexus/
- Consider using Nexus for your organization. Download Nexus Pro today.http://www.sonatype.com/nexus/try-compare-buy
Every day, developers rely on millions of third party and open source building blocks — known as components -- to build the software that runs our world. Sonatype ensures that only the best components are used throughout the software development lifecycle so that organizations don't have to make the tradeoff between going fast and being secure. Policy automation, ongoing monitoring and proactive alerts makes it easy to have full visibility and control of components throughout the software supply chain so that applications start secure and remain that way over time. Sonatype is privately held with investments from New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Accel Partners, Bay Partners, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners and Morgenthaler Ventures. Visit: www.sonatype.com
Tony Keller, The Walker Group, firstname.lastname@example.org