Sonatype, Inc. complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Sonatype, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Sonatype, Inc.'s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Note that if you download software or otherwise purchase products or services through the Site or Service, use of such products or services is subject to the separate Sonatype license or other terms and conditions applicable to such product or service.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
In general, you can use our Service without providing us with any personal information. However, there are instances where you must provide us with certain personal information in order to receive full access to the Service or to assist us in delivering a superior level of customer service. In such instances, we may collect the following types of information:
- Registration Information - When you register with Sonatype, you provide us with certain personal information, such as first and last name, e-mail address, username, and an account password. We may use this information to contact you regarding notifications about the Service or new products and services we make available. We may also contact you, including by e-mail, with respect to any transaction you enter into with us, such as purchasing a product or service, making a support or sales inquiry, and the like.
- Log Information - When you access the Service, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website and our analytics platform may capture additional information about use of our Site. This information may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
- Local Storage Objects (Flash/HTML5)
We may use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 and Flash to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 and Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- Order Information - If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personal information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as name, email and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date). We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, need to return an item, or otherwise have customer service or support issues, we will use this information to contact and assist you.
- User Communications - When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the Service.
- We purchase lead data about our potential customers from third parties and combine it with information we already have about you, to create more tailored business leads.
By using the Service, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
Children Under Age 13
Sonatype does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Service. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
Sonatype does not sell, trade or transfer your personal information to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or service partners for the purpose of processing your personal information on our behalf or to assist us with marketing, advertising or product/service offerings and fulfillment of orders. For example, we may provide personal information to our service providers for direct emailing of our newsletters, online surveys or notifications of our product/service offerings. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Sonatype, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We become involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may share with third parties aggregate, non-personal information. Such information does not identify you individually.
We provide you with the opportunity to "opt-out" of having your personal information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a product/service but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference at the time the information is collected.
We will also send you service related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature.
We share your personal information with other companies so that they can market their products or services to you. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contact us at email@example.com. If you receive a marketing communication from our subsidiaries, business partners or independent resellers, you should opt-out with that entity directly.
Social Media Widgets
Surveys or Contests
From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). We use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes.
We use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company is prohibited from using our users' personal information for any other purpose. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personal information. We do obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed on our about us page. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology ("SSL"). (To learn more about SSL, go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
8161 Maple Lawn Blvd, Suite 250
Fulton, MD 20759
We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer or personal data that cannot be resolved between Sonatype and an individual.
Terms of Service, Notices and Revisions
Please also see our Terms of Service, which describe the restrictions, disclaimers, indemnification and limitation of liability governing the use of the Service. The Terms of Service also further describe our Service and the information we use.
8161 Maple Lawn Blvd, Suite 250
Fulton, MD 20759