CLM for Risk
Component Lifecycle Management
Quickly and precisely identify security, license and quality risk across your applications
Research shows that 90% of an average application is assembled from third party components most of which are open source downloaded from public repositories, such as the (Maven) Central Repository.
While component based application development has fueled a lot of innovation in recent years, the increasing usage of third party components can be difficult to manage and may introduce risk to your organization. For example, most organizations can’t answer common questions such as “what components are used in each application,” or “which components pose the highest degree of security, quality or licensing risk?” In short, if you aren’t securing your components, you aren’t securing your applications.
CLM for Risk provides the visibility you need to monitor and assess application risk in real-time. CLM for Risk allows you to clearly assess component security, license and quality risk against your application and organization-based security, licensing and architecture policies. You’ll receive an initial assessment to triage and prioritize your response as well as on-going monitoring for continued trust.
- Build and maintain an accurate and timely component inventory that serves as the foundation for assessing and managing application risk.
- Visualize component risk with real-time executive dashboards that assess all components in use across both development and production applications.
- Identify use of third party components with known vulnerabilities including security, licensing and quality risks in all components and their many dependencies.
- Prioritize risk and response using automated policies that reflect your organization’s unique risk profiles.
- Continuously monitor and be alerted proactively for newly discovered threats.
- Easily expand to full component lifecycle management which encompasses both managing risk and quickly remediating concerns (CLM for Risk & Remediation).
Unlike other organizations, CLM for Risk provides real-time, on-going insight into your applications months and years after they go into production. You can create an inventory of components used in any application in just minutes, complete with macro and micro analysis capabilities. Now you can easily and automatically answer even the toughest questions about component usage and current risk levels.
How can we help you? Want learn about our CLM for Risk & Remediation solution? Need more information about component based development or a free assessment of your current application risk? Learn more about our complete product line? Explore our white papers, videos and other resources? Perhaps you have questions?
Sonatype offers two Component Lifecycle Management solutions to
meet your needs. Learn more about CLM for Risk & Remediation